Friday, August 30, 2019

Let Me Love You A Little More





If you've stumbled here by accident...welcome.

This is my online journal to record my parenting journey with my three amazing kiddos.  It is my little spot on the Internet where the grandmas, aunties, cousins and girlfriends can check in to see what is happening with MBL and me.



Time is precious.  And fleeting.  My kiddos are no longer babies and toddlers.  Instead, they've grown into elementary, middle, and high school-aged teens and tweens.  And as they've matured, so has their sense of privacy.

Still, my mama-heart has a desire to capture on film both the big and small moments of their lives.  I hope to balance my need to document, record, and preserve the memories we make day in and day out with their desire to not feel embarrassed, exploited, or put-upon. 




My oldest started high school two weeks ago and is absolutely loving the challenge of her academic coursework as well as all of the extracurricular opportunities offered.  She is quickly finding her niche and making new friends.  Her interests lie mostly in theater and government/leadership opportunities and I couldn't be more proud.  

But I'm also a bit melancholic.  I know that these next four years are going to go by fast, and before I know it she will spreading her wings to fly away from the nest.  As she should.  But, it's so hard to believe that the itty bitty baby I longed for is already headed toward young adulthood.



My life certainly hasn't turned out how I expected it to, but in so many ways it's better than I could ever have imagined.  There are hard days, for sure.  And we are far from perfect.  But the kids and I are building a life we love with gentleness, kindness, beauty and grace.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Labor Day Weekend (Day 4)

The last day of Labor Weekend brought a sweet surprise! My girlfriend, Julieanne, and I decided to meet for coffee in our jammies.  Ser...